Rajasthan CM for efforts to boost religious tourism
Jaipur: One or two religious place in every district of Rajasthan would be developed on the lines of Jaipur`s `Khole ke Hanumanji` temple.
The direction was given by Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje during a review meeting of Devsthan department today. Facilities of parking, transport and boarding will be developed at such places for the convenience of devotees and tourists like that of Khole Ke Hanumanji temple, located on Jaipur-Delhi highway.
The chief minister also suggested suitable changes in the Senior Citizens Pilgrimage Scheme after studying the Madhya Pradesh pattern for improving the scheme.
In the meeting, it was also decided that a `Aadi Shankaracharya Board` under Jagadguru Shankaracharya Sanskrit University will be constituted for the studies of astrology, religious ceremonies and rituals.
In the 60-days action plan of Devsthanan Department, maintenance and white-wash of over 200 temples and religious places and a calendar of religious activities of the department were identified among other works.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report