Rajasthan HC stays permission to do voice test
Jodhpur: The Rajasthan High Court on Monday
stayed the permission of a lower court to conduct a voice-test
on Sohan Lal Bishnoi to verify the authenticity of some audio
clips related to missing nurse Bhanwari Devi.
The clips have voices of Sohan Lal and Shahbuddin, both
currenly under judicial custody, among others and the CBI
wanted to verify its authenticity.
The Magistrate Kailash Chandra Joshi issued the direction
on application of Bishnoi, currently under judicial custody,
challenging the CBI court`s approval to conduct the test.
The court on a request by CBI last week had given
permission to the agency to conduct the test to match the
voices of Sohan Lal and Shahbuddin with those in the audio
The CBI wants to find out the authenticity of these
voices in the clips, specially of Shahabuddin and Sohan Lal
Bishnoi, but the counsels of both had objected to this request
terming it as violation of the Constitution and denial of the
right to silence.
On Monday, the counsel for the Sohan Lal moved application
in the highcourt against the approval by the lower court,
following which the high court gave directions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning