Rajasthan University to launch integrated M.SC courses
Jaipur: The Central University of Rajasthan has decided to initiate two integrated M.Sc courses for students passing out senior secondary examinations this year.
Speaking to reporters here, Vice Chancellor MM Salukhe said it was a first of its kind concept in the state which will academically prove beneficial for students and offer better job opportunities.
"We are starting an Integrated M.Sc (Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Environmental Science, Microbiology and Statistics) and Integrated M.Sc. B.Ed. (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Economics) in which the first programme would be for a duration of 5 years and the second would be of 6 years," he told reporters here on Wednesday.
Students after class 12 are eligible to take admission in the said courses, he informed.
"Special feature of the programmes is that in the first two years, students would be taught four subjects and in the third year they will pursue their studies in the subject in which they aspire to do the PG.
Also, from the second year itself, students would be taught subjects which would help them pursue a teaching career in various schools, colleges and universities," he said, adding, that those planning to do B.Ed would be given practical training in the sixth year of the programme.
He said that online exam for the entrance will be held on May 18.
The convocation ceremony of the university will take place on July 9 and President Pranab Mukherjee will be the chief guest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagwant Mann smells of alcohol, can't sit next to him: Suspended AAP MP Harinder Khalsa
- Simply irresistible! You cannot take your eyes off majestic Priyanka Chopra on Flaunt cover- See it to believe it
- Varun Dhawan, Jacqueline and John Abraham run for their lives in new 'Dishoom' POSTER? Pic inside
- Ruling due on whether IMF chief to face trial in France
- Vodafone reports better-than-expected 2.2% rise in Q1 revenue