Rajathan lawyers to join BCI`s nation-wide strike
Jaipur: Lawyers in Rajasthan have decided to join the nation-wide strike called by the Bar Council of India (BCI) tomorrow in protest against police actions on advocates in the state capital and in Chandigarh.
A representative of the Rajasthan Bar Council said on Sunday the lawyers, on this occasion, will organise `Sadbuddhi Yagnas` in all district courts and district bar associations will join the strike tomorrow.
The BCI had given call for the strike on March 8, asking all advocates, except those in Delhi, to refrain from work in support of the advocates of Jaipur and Chandigarh.
It also appealed to the lawyers to ensure that the strike remains peaceful.
Lawyers in many parts of the state, including Jaipur, are already on strike since March 6 after baton charge on them during protests.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot has called for an end to the deadlock between the lawyers and police.
"I met with advocate fraternity yesterday and with officers of the police also. The government wants that the agitation should end in public interest," Gehlot said here.
He said that the incident of March 6, when the lawyers advanced towards the Assembly, was unfortunate.
The lawyers were baton charged when they were marching towards the state Assembly on March 6 during their agitation for better renumeration.
Some policemen were also injured in stone-pelting by the lawyers.
Violence again erupted the next day after the lawyers, agitated over Wednesday`s baton charge, clashed with the police in and around the Session`s court campus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi