Raje calls on Parasram Maderna`s family, offers condolences
Jodhpur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje today visited Chadi, the ancestral village of Parasram Maderna, to pay homage to the deceased Congress leader.
Raje offered floral tributes to Parasram Maderna and his wife, whose memorial is adjacent to that of the deceased leader`s, and gave her condolences to his family members.
The veteran leader passed away on February 16 at SMS Hospital in Jaipur.
Raje was accompanied by her son and Jhalawar MP, Dushyant Singh.
Mahipal Maderna, the son of the deceased leader, presented a copy of the `Bhagvad Geeta` to Raje.
Raje, meanwhile, announced that the government college at the Maderna family bastion of Bhopalgarh would be named after Parasram Maderna.
"Our relations are not political but of the heart and we all respect (Parasram) Maderna as our ideal for his politics of value and ethics," she said.
Referring to her recent 10-day stay in Bharatpur, she said that the move was an attempt by her to send out the message to people that the government was with them.
Energy minister Gajendra Singh Khinvsar had visited the family on Saturday to express his condolences to them.
The state government was represented by Assembly Speaker Kailash Meghwal and cooperative minister Ajay Singh Kilak at Parasram Maderna`s funeral which Raje, however, could not attend due to her visit to Bharatpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’