Raje continues attack on Congress, accuses it of `caste politics`
Jaipur: Rajasthan BJP chief Vasundhara Raje on Saturday launched a frontal attack on ruling Congress, accusing it of playing politics of caste to gain political mileage.
Raje, while addressing a public rally in Kota district as part of her `Suraj Sankalp Yatra`, alleged that the Congress-led government gave postings to officials on the basis of their castes.
Accusing the Ashok Gehlot government of failing to fulfil people`s expectations, Raje said there is widespread corruption and "loot" everywhere in the state.
She alleged that the state government extended favour to party president Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert Vadra in purchase of land in Bikaner district.
"This government has sold Rajasthan to Robert Vadra," Raje alleged.
She also accused the Gehlot government of dividing the state on religion and creating communal fraction among the people.
Showering praise on BJP governments in the states, Raje claimed these states have set example of development in just 10-15 years of rule, while the Congress governments have "ruined and looted` the nation in past 55 years.
She also mentioned Gujarat in her address, and said "Narendra Modi is a role model of development not only for India but in the world."
Raje commited a minor goof up when she presented wrong figures on petrol while giving a comparative analysis of the present and previous governments.
Leader of Opposition in the Assembly Gulabchand Katariya was also accompanying Raje along with other leaders.
Meanwhile, Congress condemned Raje`s remarks holding Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot responsible for communal incidents in the state.
"Congress is a secular party and it is BJP and RSS which work for spreading communalism in the country," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city