Royal sword stolen in Jaisalmer
Jaisalmer: An exclusive sword belonging to
the former royal family of Jaisalmer has been stolen from the
museum at the famous Sonar Fort here, police said Monday.
"The 19th century sword was on display at the fifth floor
of the museum. A staff member found the showcase broken and
the sword missing yesterday and informed the authorities," SHO
Kotwali Veerendra Singh said.
"CCTV cameras were installed in the museum but were not
working," he said, adding, investigation into the matter was
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre