Situation along the Indo-Pak border in Raj is normal: Army
Jaipur: The Army on Tuesday said that the situation along the Indo-Pak border in Western sector in Rajasthan is normal and the force is vigilant.
"BSF is deployed for border guarding and we are also in the area but there is no problem. The situation is normal though the forces are quite vigilant and we are fully prepared to face any challenge," South-Western Army Commander Lt Gen Gyan Bhushan told reporters on the sidelines of Investiture ceremony here.
"Adequate measures are in place and whenever required, there will be no loss of time from our side. We are fully prepared to face any challenge whether internal or external," he said.
He said that the Army Chief Gen Bikram Singh has given necessary directions to all the Army Commanders in the wake of recent tension between India and Pakistan following the recent killing of two soldiers along the LoC in Kashmir.
"I offer special tribute and salute to two soldier who have been martyred recently. It was a sad incident and against all rules of engagement," he said.
About the modernisation of the Army, the officer said that the dynamic process of the modernisation was on track.
Earlier, the Army Commander honoured officers and other ranks with awards in the investiture ceremony.
Ten Sena Medals (Gallantry), two Sena Medals (Distinguished service) and five Vishist Seva Medals were awarded.
14 Units of the SW command were also awarded Unit Citations for achieving overall excellence in 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand