Teenage girl`s father alleges threat from Asaram`s supporters
Bareilly: Father of the teenage girl, who accused self-styled godman Asaram Bapu of sexually assaulting her, Wednesday alleged that the family has received threats to desist themselves from demanding CBI probe into the matter or otherwise they would have to face "dire consequences".
According to the father of the girl, who lives in the neighbouring Shajahanpur district, Asaram`s supporters visited the house of one of their close relative in Delhi yesterday and advised them to ask him to desist from demanding CBI inquiry into the case or else their "seven generations would be finished".
"They said that they would deal with whatever has happened till now... If we did not shut our mouth, not one in seven generations would be let off," he said.
"The threat had a big impact also on our relatives and they are also worrying for their security," the father of the 16-year-old girl said, adding that he has apprised the police of the new threat and demanded adequate security.
Fearing more threats, he has also switched off his mobile phone.
Security has already been provided to the family and entry of the visitors to their house was being monitored.
72-year-old Asaram has been accused of sexually assaulting the girl at his ashram in Jodhpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday