Teenaged girl rescued by police in Dholpur
Jaipur: A teenaged girl, who was allegedly
raped several times by a man who bought her from her aunt, was
rescued by police before she could be given to another group
in Rajasthan`s Dholpur district.
"The 15-year-old girl hailing from Madhya Pradesh was
sold for Rs 50,000 by her aunt to Mahendra who allegedly
raped her for several days and was planning to sell her in
Bharaput," Dholpur Superintendent of Police Rahul Prakash said today.
"Following a tip off, we raided a house and rescued the
girl last evening. Mahendra was arrested. A team will now be
dispatched to MP in search of her aunt who sold her," he
The girl was forced into prostitution by her relatives
and the man was also going to hand over her to a group
involved in prostitution.
"We produced the girl before child welfare committee
today. A medical test will also be conducted," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed