Tension in Rajasthan town after communal clashes
Jaipur: Tension prevailed at a town in Rajasthan`s Rajsamand district Sunday after communal clashes left over a dozen people, including a policeman, injured, police said.
According to police, clashes broke out in Rajnagar town Saturday night following a dispute between two groups of youths.
"Two youths fired at another youth from a different community. It led to stone pelting and incidents of arson," a police officer said.
The officer added that for over two hours, people from the two communities hurled stones at each other at different places in the town.
"Some people blocked National Highway-8 and burnt tyres and two motorcycles. People from another group hurled stones at houses in a colony, smashing window panes," said the officer, adding that a dozen people were left injured in the clashes.
"We deployed heavy police force in the town today (Sunday). The administration also clamped section 144 of the Code of Criminal Procedure banning unlawful assembly of people. We have detained some people from both the communities," said the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr