Tension in Rajasthan town after communal clashes
Jaipur: Tension prevailed at a town in Rajasthan`s Rajsamand district Sunday after communal clashes left over a dozen people, including a policeman, injured, police said.
According to police, clashes broke out in Rajnagar town Saturday night following a dispute between two groups of youths.
"Two youths fired at another youth from a different community. It led to stone pelting and incidents of arson," a police officer said.
The officer added that for over two hours, people from the two communities hurled stones at each other at different places in the town.
"Some people blocked National Highway-8 and burnt tyres and two motorcycles. People from another group hurled stones at houses in a colony, smashing window panes," said the officer, adding that a dozen people were left injured in the clashes.
"We deployed heavy police force in the town today (Sunday). The administration also clamped section 144 of the Code of Criminal Procedure banning unlawful assembly of people. We have detained some people from both the communities," said the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29