Threat to blow up Marwar station, security tightened
Jodhpur: Security was beefed up at Marwar
Junction on Tuesday after authorities received two separate letters
containing threats to blow up the station.
While a postcard threatening to blow up the station was
received by the Government Railway Police (GRP) and the
Railway Police Force (RPF) at the junction this morning, a
similar letter was found outside the station master`s office,
Superintendent of Police (GRP-Ajmer) Veerbhan Ajwani said.
The Marwar station falls under Ajmer Railway division in
Rajasthan`s Pali district.
Written in Hindi, the postcard bears the name of Indian
Mujahideen at the end and mentions the date 24 for the strike
but does not specify the month, he said.
However, taking no chances and assuming the date to be
24th of March, security has been tightened at the station, the
Though the letter, prima facie, appears to be fake,
securitymen have taken charge of the entire station with
intense frisking of passengers going on there and a watch
being kept on every suspicious item, he said.
The agencies are trying to find the source of these
letters, he said.
Stations in Ajmer railway divisions are not new to such
threat letters with Ajmer and Abu Road stations having
received such letters in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!