Threat to blow up Marwar station, security tightened
Jodhpur: Security was beefed up at Marwar
Junction on Tuesday after authorities received two separate letters
containing threats to blow up the station.
While a postcard threatening to blow up the station was
received by the Government Railway Police (GRP) and the
Railway Police Force (RPF) at the junction this morning, a
similar letter was found outside the station master`s office,
Superintendent of Police (GRP-Ajmer) Veerbhan Ajwani said.
The Marwar station falls under Ajmer Railway division in
Rajasthan`s Pali district.
Written in Hindi, the postcard bears the name of Indian
Mujahideen at the end and mentions the date 24 for the strike
but does not specify the month, he said.
However, taking no chances and assuming the date to be
24th of March, security has been tightened at the station, the
Though the letter, prima facie, appears to be fake,
securitymen have taken charge of the entire station with
intense frisking of passengers going on there and a watch
being kept on every suspicious item, he said.
The agencies are trying to find the source of these
letters, he said.
Stations in Ajmer railway divisions are not new to such
threat letters with Ajmer and Abu Road stations having
received such letters in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony