Vasundhara Raje`s convoy pelted with stones
Jaipur: The convoy of Rajasthan state BJP chief Vasundhara Raje was on Friday pelted with stones by some unknown locals in the Patan area of Alwar district while she was passing through the area on her Suraj Sankalp Yatra.
Party sources said that Raje`s vehicle itself was not damaged in the incident.
Raje`s press adviser Mahendra Bhardwaj told PTI on the telephone that the incident took place near the Beebrani and Mundawar villages around 4:30 P.M.
Hundreds of locals had gathered to meet Raje, whose convoy was crossing the area. The crowd wanted Raje to make a halt there and address them but the state BJP chief only spoke to a few of the locals without leaving her vehicle.
Later, when the convoy started on its way, some locals, probably children, pelted stones at it, damaging the window panes of a few vehicles, Bhardwaj said.
"It is due to the Yatra`s popularity that every village wants the state BJP chief to address a rally there. (But) sometimes, due to time constraints and heavy rainfall, that is not possible," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intermediate Examination (Arts) Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 2:00 pm
- Class 10th (Matric) Exam Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 12: 00 pm
- Putin vows Russian retaliation over US missile shield in Europe
- More than 2,000 boat migrants rescued off Italy, 45 dead
- Trump rules out US presidential debate with Sanders