Vasundhara Raje`s convoy pelted with stones
Jaipur: The convoy of Rajasthan state BJP chief Vasundhara Raje was on Friday pelted with stones by some unknown locals in the Patan area of Alwar district while she was passing through the area on her Suraj Sankalp Yatra.
Party sources said that Raje`s vehicle itself was not damaged in the incident.
Raje`s press adviser Mahendra Bhardwaj told PTI on the telephone that the incident took place near the Beebrani and Mundawar villages around 4:30 P.M.
Hundreds of locals had gathered to meet Raje, whose convoy was crossing the area. The crowd wanted Raje to make a halt there and address them but the state BJP chief only spoke to a few of the locals without leaving her vehicle.
Later, when the convoy started on its way, some locals, probably children, pelted stones at it, damaging the window panes of a few vehicles, Bhardwaj said.
"It is due to the Yatra`s popularity that every village wants the state BJP chief to address a rally there. (But) sometimes, due to time constraints and heavy rainfall, that is not possible," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman