Western Railway diverts 22 trains due to Gujjars` stir
Mumbai: Western Railway (WR) on Thursday
diverted 22 trains due to the ongoing agitation by Gujjars in
"Due to Gurjjars` agitation at various places in
Rajasthan, several long-distance trains departing today have
been rescheduled, diverted or cancelled. Twenty-two trains
were diverted and they will reach their destinations late by 6
to 8 hours," WR Chief PRO Sharad Chandrayan said.
The diverted trains include Bandra Terminus-Amritsar
Pashchim Express, Mumbai Central-New Delhi Rajdhani Express,
Okha-Varanasi Express, Mumbai Central-Amritsar Golden Temple
Mail, Dehradun-Bandra Express and Muzaffarpur-Bandra Express.
The rescheduled trains include Bandra-Nizamuddin
Garib Rath, Mumbai Central-Firozpur Janta Express and
Indore-Hazrat Nizamuddin Express.
Those cancelled are Mumbai Central- Hazrat Nizamuddin
August Kranti, Nimach-Kota Link Express and Kota-Nimach Link
Gujjars have launched the agitation to press for their
demand for reservation in government jobs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- West Indies vs India, 2nd T20I: Wet outfield denies MS Dhoni & Co chance to level series
- Two minors held for gang-raping minor in Delhi
- Punjab seeks probe into AAP funding by radicals
- One killed, 13 injured in mob-police clash in Bengal
- Odisha officials harassing man who carried wife's corpse: Complaint