Western Railway diverts 22 trains due to Gujjars` stir
Mumbai: Western Railway (WR) on Thursday
diverted 22 trains due to the ongoing agitation by Gujjars in
"Due to Gurjjars` agitation at various places in
Rajasthan, several long-distance trains departing today have
been rescheduled, diverted or cancelled. Twenty-two trains
were diverted and they will reach their destinations late by 6
to 8 hours," WR Chief PRO Sharad Chandrayan said.
The diverted trains include Bandra Terminus-Amritsar
Pashchim Express, Mumbai Central-New Delhi Rajdhani Express,
Okha-Varanasi Express, Mumbai Central-Amritsar Golden Temple
Mail, Dehradun-Bandra Express and Muzaffarpur-Bandra Express.
The rescheduled trains include Bandra-Nizamuddin
Garib Rath, Mumbai Central-Firozpur Janta Express and
Indore-Hazrat Nizamuddin Express.
Those cancelled are Mumbai Central- Hazrat Nizamuddin
August Kranti, Nimach-Kota Link Express and Kota-Nimach Link
Gujjars have launched the agitation to press for their
demand for reservation in government jobs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sleeping near chicken can protect you from malaria!
- WI vs IND 2016: Bowlers need to be patient as it's a batting pitch, says leggie Devendra Bishoo
- Fire diverts North Korea Air Koryo flight
- Ranveer Singh brands Irrfan Khan as 'enigmatic genius'
- Tamil Nadu CM thanks Rawat for taking steps to install poet's statue