Western Railway diverts 22 trains due to Gujjars` stir
Mumbai: Western Railway (WR) on Thursday
diverted 22 trains due to the ongoing agitation by Gujjars in
"Due to Gurjjars` agitation at various places in
Rajasthan, several long-distance trains departing today have
been rescheduled, diverted or cancelled. Twenty-two trains
were diverted and they will reach their destinations late by 6
to 8 hours," WR Chief PRO Sharad Chandrayan said.
The diverted trains include Bandra Terminus-Amritsar
Pashchim Express, Mumbai Central-New Delhi Rajdhani Express,
Okha-Varanasi Express, Mumbai Central-Amritsar Golden Temple
Mail, Dehradun-Bandra Express and Muzaffarpur-Bandra Express.
The rescheduled trains include Bandra-Nizamuddin
Garib Rath, Mumbai Central-Firozpur Janta Express and
Indore-Hazrat Nizamuddin Express.
Those cancelled are Mumbai Central- Hazrat Nizamuddin
August Kranti, Nimach-Kota Link Express and Kota-Nimach Link
Gujjars have launched the agitation to press for their
demand for reservation in government jobs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August for SAARC meet
- Dope scandal: Narsingh Yadav's Rio Olympics fate hangs in balance as NADA set to pronounce verdict today
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today