Western Railway diverts 22 trains due to Gujjars` stir
Mumbai: Western Railway (WR) on Thursday
diverted 22 trains due to the ongoing agitation by Gujjars in
"Due to Gurjjars` agitation at various places in
Rajasthan, several long-distance trains departing today have
been rescheduled, diverted or cancelled. Twenty-two trains
were diverted and they will reach their destinations late by 6
to 8 hours," WR Chief PRO Sharad Chandrayan said.
The diverted trains include Bandra Terminus-Amritsar
Pashchim Express, Mumbai Central-New Delhi Rajdhani Express,
Okha-Varanasi Express, Mumbai Central-Amritsar Golden Temple
Mail, Dehradun-Bandra Express and Muzaffarpur-Bandra Express.
The rescheduled trains include Bandra-Nizamuddin
Garib Rath, Mumbai Central-Firozpur Janta Express and
Indore-Hazrat Nizamuddin Express.
Those cancelled are Mumbai Central- Hazrat Nizamuddin
August Kranti, Nimach-Kota Link Express and Kota-Nimach Link
Gujjars have launched the agitation to press for their
demand for reservation in government jobs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees