Western Railway diverts 22 trains due to Gujjars` stir
Mumbai: Western Railway (WR) on Thursday
diverted 22 trains due to the ongoing agitation by Gujjars in
"Due to Gurjjars` agitation at various places in
Rajasthan, several long-distance trains departing today have
been rescheduled, diverted or cancelled. Twenty-two trains
were diverted and they will reach their destinations late by 6
to 8 hours," WR Chief PRO Sharad Chandrayan said.
The diverted trains include Bandra Terminus-Amritsar
Pashchim Express, Mumbai Central-New Delhi Rajdhani Express,
Okha-Varanasi Express, Mumbai Central-Amritsar Golden Temple
Mail, Dehradun-Bandra Express and Muzaffarpur-Bandra Express.
The rescheduled trains include Bandra-Nizamuddin
Garib Rath, Mumbai Central-Firozpur Janta Express and
Indore-Hazrat Nizamuddin Express.
Those cancelled are Mumbai Central- Hazrat Nizamuddin
August Kranti, Nimach-Kota Link Express and Kota-Nimach Link
Gujjars have launched the agitation to press for their
demand for reservation in government jobs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000