`1 in 4 PCs do not use updated antivirus software`
Washington: One out of every four computers do not use up-to-date antivirus software, a report has said.
According to Microsoft`s twice-yearly Security Intelligence Report, without vital protection layer, computers are 5.5 times more likely to be infected with malware.
Tim Rains, director of trustworthy computing at Microsoft, stressed that surfing the Internet without up-to-date antivirus is like leaving your front door open to criminals, the Enterprise Innovation reports.
According to the report, most people do not realize their computer is unprotected commonly because a trial period has expired or the software is out of date, and simply because people do not install antivirus.
Microsoft detected and removed malicious email attachments from almost 3 million computers in the fourth quarter of 2012.
Rains said that regardless of whether you use a free or paid-for solution, the importance of antivirus cannot be overstated.
By taking the proper measures to protect your computer, including the most basic step of installing antivirus, you can dramatically reduce your risk of becoming a victim, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP