Apple cuts iPhone 5 screen orders due to `weak demand`
Washington: Apple Inc has almost halved its order of LCD panels for the iPhone 5 due to weaker demand for the latest smartphone than the tech giant expected, people close to the matter have revealed.
According to one of the people, the firm has also cut orders for components other than screens.
The people said Apple notified the suppliers of the order cut last month, the Wall Street Journal reports.
According to the Journal, the move indicates that sales of the new iPhone haven`t been as strong as previously anticipated and demand may be waning.
It comes as the company has been facing greater challenges from Korean mobile maker Samsung and other makers of smartphones powered by Google`s Android operating system, the paper added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says