Apple cuts iPhone 5 screen orders due to `weak demand`
Washington: Apple Inc has almost halved its order of LCD panels for the iPhone 5 due to weaker demand for the latest smartphone than the tech giant expected, people close to the matter have revealed.
According to one of the people, the firm has also cut orders for components other than screens.
The people said Apple notified the suppliers of the order cut last month, the Wall Street Journal reports.
According to the Journal, the move indicates that sales of the new iPhone haven`t been as strong as previously anticipated and demand may be waning.
It comes as the company has been facing greater challenges from Korean mobile maker Samsung and other makers of smartphones powered by Google`s Android operating system, the paper added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details