Apple cuts iPhone 5 screen orders due to `weak demand`
Washington: Apple Inc has almost halved its order of LCD panels for the iPhone 5 due to weaker demand for the latest smartphone than the tech giant expected, people close to the matter have revealed.
According to one of the people, the firm has also cut orders for components other than screens.
The people said Apple notified the suppliers of the order cut last month, the Wall Street Journal reports.
According to the Journal, the move indicates that sales of the new iPhone haven`t been as strong as previously anticipated and demand may be waning.
It comes as the company has been facing greater challenges from Korean mobile maker Samsung and other makers of smartphones powered by Google`s Android operating system, the paper added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America