Apple cuts iPhone 5 screen orders due to `weak demand`
Washington: Apple Inc has almost halved its order of LCD panels for the iPhone 5 due to weaker demand for the latest smartphone than the tech giant expected, people close to the matter have revealed.
According to one of the people, the firm has also cut orders for components other than screens.
The people said Apple notified the suppliers of the order cut last month, the Wall Street Journal reports.
According to the Journal, the move indicates that sales of the new iPhone haven`t been as strong as previously anticipated and demand may be waning.
It comes as the company has been facing greater challenges from Korean mobile maker Samsung and other makers of smartphones powered by Google`s Android operating system, the paper added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- Drone strikes kill 5 Qaeda suspects in Yemen: Security
- Bjorn Borg, John McEnroe renew rivalry as Laver Cup captains
- Mamata Banerjee warns Gorkha Janmukti Morcha against violence
- Powerful quake hits Myanmar, damaging famed Bagan temples; tremors felt in India
- FIFA panel opens probes into South Africa match-fixing cases