Artificial Intelligence could be the `worst thing ever for humanity`: Stephen Hawking
Washington: Stephen Hawking has said that the short-term impact of Artificial Intelligence depends on who controls it but the long-term impact depends on whether it can be controlled at all.
Also Hawking seems not to trust the so-called AI experts at all, Cnet reported.
Hawking said that robots and other artificially intelligent machines could bring enormous benefits and if they were a success it would be the biggest event in human history.
But he also suggested that AI could be the last event in the history of humanity.
He also lamented about the fact that little research was being done to examine the potential risks and benefits.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata