Artificial Intelligence could be the `worst thing ever for humanity`: Stephen Hawking
Washington: Stephen Hawking has said that the short-term impact of Artificial Intelligence depends on who controls it but the long-term impact depends on whether it can be controlled at all.
Also Hawking seems not to trust the so-called AI experts at all, Cnet reported.
Hawking said that robots and other artificially intelligent machines could bring enormous benefits and if they were a success it would be the biggest event in human history.
But he also suggested that AI could be the last event in the history of humanity.
He also lamented about the fact that little research was being done to examine the potential risks and benefits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre