Artificial Intelligence could be the `worst thing ever for humanity`: Stephen Hawking
Washington: Stephen Hawking has said that the short-term impact of Artificial Intelligence depends on who controls it but the long-term impact depends on whether it can be controlled at all.
Also Hawking seems not to trust the so-called AI experts at all, Cnet reported.
Hawking said that robots and other artificially intelligent machines could bring enormous benefits and if they were a success it would be the biggest event in human history.
But he also suggested that AI could be the last event in the history of humanity.
He also lamented about the fact that little research was being done to examine the potential risks and benefits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray