Be updated with latest technology: President Pranab Mukherjee
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee Saturday advised the Indian Information Service (IIS) officers to keep themselves updated with the latest technology in order to "critically appraise information" before it reaches the policymakers.
Addressing a group of trainee officers of the IIS of 2011, 2012 and 2013 batches at the Rashtrapati Bhavan here, Mukherjee said the officers were a "crucial link" between people and the government as they circulated information about policies and programmes to the masses.
"In this age, when there is uninterrupted flow of information, the IIS officers should analyse and critically appraise information before it reaches the policymakers so that it can serve as an important ingredient for the policy formation," said the president.
Acknowledging the "mind-boggling" pace of change in the field of information technology and social media, Mukherjee advised the officers to "continuously upgrade their skills" in order to match the "revolutionary changes in technology" so as to best use them in the service of the nation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe