Be updated with latest technology: President Pranab Mukherjee
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee Saturday advised the Indian Information Service (IIS) officers to keep themselves updated with the latest technology in order to "critically appraise information" before it reaches the policymakers.
Addressing a group of trainee officers of the IIS of 2011, 2012 and 2013 batches at the Rashtrapati Bhavan here, Mukherjee said the officers were a "crucial link" between people and the government as they circulated information about policies and programmes to the masses.
"In this age, when there is uninterrupted flow of information, the IIS officers should analyse and critically appraise information before it reaches the policymakers so that it can serve as an important ingredient for the policy formation," said the president.
Acknowledging the "mind-boggling" pace of change in the field of information technology and social media, Mukherjee advised the officers to "continuously upgrade their skills" in order to match the "revolutionary changes in technology" so as to best use them in the service of the nation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'