British-era cannon balls recovered in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: As many as 75 cannon balls belonging to the eighteenth century were recovered from an open plot near Sulthanshahi playground here, police said.
After getting the information, the sleuths of Commissioner`s Task Force, (South Zone team) recovered 75 antique cannon balls/ammunition belonging to the 18th century (during Nizam/British regime), which were found during the digging works on the plot for construction of a house, they said.
The land belongs to one Mohammad Bin Abdullah, police added.
The cannon balls will be handed over to the Director of Archeological Survey of India at Koti here for further action, Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (Commissioner`s Task Force) B Limba Reddy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city