British-era cannon balls recovered in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: As many as 75 cannon balls belonging to the eighteenth century were recovered from an open plot near Sulthanshahi playground here, police said.
After getting the information, the sleuths of Commissioner`s Task Force, (South Zone team) recovered 75 antique cannon balls/ammunition belonging to the 18th century (during Nizam/British regime), which were found during the digging works on the plot for construction of a house, they said.
The land belongs to one Mohammad Bin Abdullah, police added.
The cannon balls will be handed over to the Director of Archeological Survey of India at Koti here for further action, Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (Commissioner`s Task Force) B Limba Reddy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell
- Hello hotness! Deepika Padukone looks kickass in an all blue satin grace!