British-era cannon balls recovered in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: As many as 75 cannon balls belonging to the eighteenth century were recovered from an open plot near Sulthanshahi playground here, police said.
After getting the information, the sleuths of Commissioner`s Task Force, (South Zone team) recovered 75 antique cannon balls/ammunition belonging to the 18th century (during Nizam/British regime), which were found during the digging works on the plot for construction of a house, they said.
The land belongs to one Mohammad Bin Abdullah, police added.
The cannon balls will be handed over to the Director of Archeological Survey of India at Koti here for further action, Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (Commissioner`s Task Force) B Limba Reddy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?