`Earth`s temperature rise equals four Hiroshima atomic bombs`
Melbourne: Earth`s temperature has been rising at the rate of four Hiroshima bombs of heat every second, says climate scientists.
John Cook, Climate Communication Fellow from the Global Change Institute at the University of Queensland , said that humans are emitting more carbon dioxide than ever into atmosphere, the Courier Mail reported.
He said that all the heat-trapping greenhouse gases in the atmosphere meant that Earth has been building up heat at the rate of about four Hiroshima bombs every second.
Cook asserted that about 90 percent of global warming was in the oceans, which acted like a natural thermometer, along with changes in land, ice and animal species.
Distributions of trees are shifting to cooler regions like the poles or mountains, and animal species have responded to global warming by mating earlier in the year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa