`Earth`s temperature rise equals four Hiroshima atomic bombs`
Melbourne: Earth`s temperature has been rising at the rate of four Hiroshima bombs of heat every second, says climate scientists.
John Cook, Climate Communication Fellow from the Global Change Institute at the University of Queensland , said that humans are emitting more carbon dioxide than ever into atmosphere, the Courier Mail reported.
He said that all the heat-trapping greenhouse gases in the atmosphere meant that Earth has been building up heat at the rate of about four Hiroshima bombs every second.
Cook asserted that about 90 percent of global warming was in the oceans, which acted like a natural thermometer, along with changes in land, ice and animal species.
Distributions of trees are shifting to cooler regions like the poles or mountains, and animal species have responded to global warming by mating earlier in the year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more
- Major water crisis in Chandigarh, Mohali and Panchkula - Know reason behind it
- Two Mexican kidnappers sentenced to 520 years in prison