`Earth`s temperature rise equals four Hiroshima atomic bombs`
Melbourne: Earth`s temperature has been rising at the rate of four Hiroshima bombs of heat every second, says climate scientists.
John Cook, Climate Communication Fellow from the Global Change Institute at the University of Queensland , said that humans are emitting more carbon dioxide than ever into atmosphere, the Courier Mail reported.
He said that all the heat-trapping greenhouse gases in the atmosphere meant that Earth has been building up heat at the rate of about four Hiroshima bombs every second.
Cook asserted that about 90 percent of global warming was in the oceans, which acted like a natural thermometer, along with changes in land, ice and animal species.
Distributions of trees are shifting to cooler regions like the poles or mountains, and animal species have responded to global warming by mating earlier in the year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi