Insurance cover for tree species in Tamil Nadu
Coimbatore: Opening a new chapter in the field of agro forestry, Forest College and Research Institute (FCRI) at Mettupalayam near here has joined hands with United India Insurance company to offer a comprehensive Agroforestry Plantation Insurance.
The insurance will cover trees such as casuarina, eucalyptus (pulpwood), melia dubia (plywood), alanthus, gmelina (matchwood), leucean and dalbegia sisso (dendro power).
The premium rate for basic plan will be 1.25 per cent of input cost, which will cover the peril such as forest and bush fire, lightning, riot and strike, storm, cyclone, flood inundation and loss due to wild animals, P Durairasu, Dean FCRI said in release said today.
As per the policy, the premium to be paid for one acre plantation ranged between Rs 300 and Rs 600 depending on input cost of the respective tree species and the growers will be settled with input cost in case of damage to the crop due any of these dangers.
The scheme, being launched tomorrow, would be an epoch making one and was expected to open a new chapter in sustainability of tree husbandry, Durairasu said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Lemon: An ideal ingredient for your glowing skin, good health
- 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions: Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra stun with their chemistry on 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa'
- Pleasant music helps employees turn in better performances: Study
- Unbelievable! Airtel offers 10 GB 4G data at just Rs 250
- Using Facebook, Twitter may cut BP, diabetes in elderly