Insurance cover for tree species in Tamil Nadu
Coimbatore: Opening a new chapter in the field of agro forestry, Forest College and Research Institute (FCRI) at Mettupalayam near here has joined hands with United India Insurance company to offer a comprehensive Agroforestry Plantation Insurance.
The insurance will cover trees such as casuarina, eucalyptus (pulpwood), melia dubia (plywood), alanthus, gmelina (matchwood), leucean and dalbegia sisso (dendro power).
The premium rate for basic plan will be 1.25 per cent of input cost, which will cover the peril such as forest and bush fire, lightning, riot and strike, storm, cyclone, flood inundation and loss due to wild animals, P Durairasu, Dean FCRI said in release said today.
As per the policy, the premium to be paid for one acre plantation ranged between Rs 300 and Rs 600 depending on input cost of the respective tree species and the growers will be settled with input cost in case of damage to the crop due any of these dangers.
The scheme, being launched tomorrow, would be an epoch making one and was expected to open a new chapter in sustainability of tree husbandry, Durairasu said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon