Insurance cover for tree species in Tamil Nadu
Coimbatore: Opening a new chapter in the field of agro forestry, Forest College and Research Institute (FCRI) at Mettupalayam near here has joined hands with United India Insurance company to offer a comprehensive Agroforestry Plantation Insurance.
The insurance will cover trees such as casuarina, eucalyptus (pulpwood), melia dubia (plywood), alanthus, gmelina (matchwood), leucean and dalbegia sisso (dendro power).
The premium rate for basic plan will be 1.25 per cent of input cost, which will cover the peril such as forest and bush fire, lightning, riot and strike, storm, cyclone, flood inundation and loss due to wild animals, P Durairasu, Dean FCRI said in release said today.
As per the policy, the premium to be paid for one acre plantation ranged between Rs 300 and Rs 600 depending on input cost of the respective tree species and the growers will be settled with input cost in case of damage to the crop due any of these dangers.
The scheme, being launched tomorrow, would be an epoch making one and was expected to open a new chapter in sustainability of tree husbandry, Durairasu said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief