Insurance cover for tree species in Tamil Nadu
Coimbatore: Opening a new chapter in the field of agro forestry, Forest College and Research Institute (FCRI) at Mettupalayam near here has joined hands with United India Insurance company to offer a comprehensive Agroforestry Plantation Insurance.
The insurance will cover trees such as casuarina, eucalyptus (pulpwood), melia dubia (plywood), alanthus, gmelina (matchwood), leucean and dalbegia sisso (dendro power).
The premium rate for basic plan will be 1.25 per cent of input cost, which will cover the peril such as forest and bush fire, lightning, riot and strike, storm, cyclone, flood inundation and loss due to wild animals, P Durairasu, Dean FCRI said in release said today.
As per the policy, the premium to be paid for one acre plantation ranged between Rs 300 and Rs 600 depending on input cost of the respective tree species and the growers will be settled with input cost in case of damage to the crop due any of these dangers.
The scheme, being launched tomorrow, would be an epoch making one and was expected to open a new chapter in sustainability of tree husbandry, Durairasu said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- M&M incorporates Mahindra Airways as wholly-owned subsidiary
- Airtel proposes Rs 30 crore annual package to Sunil Mittal
- Chinese soldiers spotted in Uttarakhand's Chamoli; defence ministry says 'no incursion'
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies