Microsoft sues Samsung over Android patent contract
Washington: American multinational corporation Microsoft sued its Korean rival Samsung for violating a patent- licensing contract involving Android operating system following Microsoft`s acquisition of Nokia.
According to The Verge, Microsoft has had similar deal with several Android original equipment manufacturers, which have proved successful.
Samsung is the leading creator of Android devices that include mobile phones and tablets.
Microsoft says it holds patent on several features in Android operation system such as technique on how to display multiple windows on a single web browser.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed