New app gives Android smartphone Apple iPhone 5S-like finger-scanning unlock feature
Washington: A new app for Android smartphone reportedly turns the lock screen into a finger-scanner, a feature incorporated by Apple in its latest iPhone 5S.
The ICE Unlock Fingerprint Secure adds camera-powered fingerprint scanning to Android`s lock screen and instead of real-time sensors; it relies on matching images of the finger to unlock the phone.
According to Cnet, the free app initially `enrolls` a person`s fingerprint by taking two photos of a finger and every time one needs to unlock the phone, they need to place the finger exactly the same way within an onscreen oval, and wait for the app to match it with the `enrolled` finger print.
Since it is an app and not a `sensor,` it is a little frustrating to get `enrolled` in the scanning and successfully unlocking in first attempt.
However, there is also a traditional PIN-based backup in case a user is simple unable to provide the exact match for the enrolled print.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II