NIT professor honoured with Young Scientist award
Rourkela: Archana Mallik, an Assistant Professor at the premier National Institute of Technology (NIT), Rourkela has heen honoured with the prestigious "Young Scientist" award.
Dr Mallik, assistant professor in the department of Mettalurgical and Materials Engineering at NIT, was presented the coveted award by Odisha`s Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik at a function held recently in Bhubaneswar.
It is worth mentioning that Archana has been conferred with a research grant under fast track Young Scientists program from department of Science and Technology and a CSIR research grant, a press release said today.
She has also been shortlisted for Fulbright Nehru post doctoral fellowship to work in University of California, Berkeley, it said.
Her research has been funded by different Governmental agencies and she has authored more than 20 international and national scientific publications and two books.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death
- Leigh Griffiths puts struggling Celtic in Champions League driving seat
- Reality TV personality Khloe Kardashian slams Donald Trump
- New music by Beatles legend George Harrison to be released
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August for SAARC meet