NIT professor honoured with Young Scientist award
Rourkela: Archana Mallik, an Assistant Professor at the premier National Institute of Technology (NIT), Rourkela has heen honoured with the prestigious "Young Scientist" award.
Dr Mallik, assistant professor in the department of Mettalurgical and Materials Engineering at NIT, was presented the coveted award by Odisha`s Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik at a function held recently in Bhubaneswar.
It is worth mentioning that Archana has been conferred with a research grant under fast track Young Scientists program from department of Science and Technology and a CSIR research grant, a press release said today.
She has also been shortlisted for Fulbright Nehru post doctoral fellowship to work in University of California, Berkeley, it said.
Her research has been funded by different Governmental agencies and she has authored more than 20 international and national scientific publications and two books.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray