NIT professor honoured with Young Scientist award
Rourkela: Archana Mallik, an Assistant Professor at the premier National Institute of Technology (NIT), Rourkela has heen honoured with the prestigious "Young Scientist" award.
Dr Mallik, assistant professor in the department of Mettalurgical and Materials Engineering at NIT, was presented the coveted award by Odisha`s Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik at a function held recently in Bhubaneswar.
It is worth mentioning that Archana has been conferred with a research grant under fast track Young Scientists program from department of Science and Technology and a CSIR research grant, a press release said today.
She has also been shortlisted for Fulbright Nehru post doctoral fellowship to work in University of California, Berkeley, it said.
Her research has been funded by different Governmental agencies and she has authored more than 20 international and national scientific publications and two books.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Big boost for PM Modi! US voices concerns over human rights situation in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir
- Lodha panel secretary accused BCCI selectors of taking sexual favours, reveals Ajay Shirke
- TMC govt cracks down on 'Narayani Sena', bans training camps in Cooch Behar district
- Brazil police say IOC's Patrick Hickey discussed illegal ticket sales
- TCS settles Orange County lawsuit for $26 mn; shares down