RCI director Satheesh Reddy receives Homi Bhabha award
Hyderabad: G. Satheesh Reddy, the director of Research Centre Imarat (RCI), the avionics hub of DRDO`s missile complex, Monday received Indian Science Congress Association`s Homi J. Bhabha Memorial Award for 2013-14.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh presented him the prestigious award during the inaugural ceremony of the 101st Indian Science Congress at the Jammu University, a statement said here.
The award has been bestowed on him for his contributions leading to the development of science and technology in the country specifically in the realm of electronics and communication engineering and also for development of critical avionics for the defence applications, said a statement by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
Satheesh Reddy spearheads the RCI-Missile Avionics laboratory of DRDO responsible for design and delivery of advanced avionics for various defence applications in the country, particularly the Indian missile programmes and projects.
The renowned avionics scientist holds the rare distinction of full academy member diploma of the Academy of Navigation and Motion Control, Russia.
His contributions to defence science and technology have elevated him as fellow and associate fellow of many leading national and international professional bodies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- SHOCKING! Hyderabad woman arrested for carrying 2 Kg gold in her underwear at Delhi airport
- Thailand military court opens trial in Bangkok shrine blast
- How to overcome your jetlag?
- Sugar prices soar to Rs 42/kg; FM holds inter-ministerial meeting on banning futures trading
- TCL 562 Review: Well-performing smartphone that's worth its price