RCI director Satheesh Reddy receives Homi Bhabha award
Hyderabad: G. Satheesh Reddy, the director of Research Centre Imarat (RCI), the avionics hub of DRDO`s missile complex, Monday received Indian Science Congress Association`s Homi J. Bhabha Memorial Award for 2013-14.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh presented him the prestigious award during the inaugural ceremony of the 101st Indian Science Congress at the Jammu University, a statement said here.
The award has been bestowed on him for his contributions leading to the development of science and technology in the country specifically in the realm of electronics and communication engineering and also for development of critical avionics for the defence applications, said a statement by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
Satheesh Reddy spearheads the RCI-Missile Avionics laboratory of DRDO responsible for design and delivery of advanced avionics for various defence applications in the country, particularly the Indian missile programmes and projects.
The renowned avionics scientist holds the rare distinction of full academy member diploma of the Academy of Navigation and Motion Control, Russia.
His contributions to defence science and technology have elevated him as fellow and associate fellow of many leading national and international professional bodies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh