RCI director Satheesh Reddy receives Homi Bhabha award
Hyderabad: G. Satheesh Reddy, the director of Research Centre Imarat (RCI), the avionics hub of DRDO`s missile complex, Monday received Indian Science Congress Association`s Homi J. Bhabha Memorial Award for 2013-14.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh presented him the prestigious award during the inaugural ceremony of the 101st Indian Science Congress at the Jammu University, a statement said here.
The award has been bestowed on him for his contributions leading to the development of science and technology in the country specifically in the realm of electronics and communication engineering and also for development of critical avionics for the defence applications, said a statement by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
Satheesh Reddy spearheads the RCI-Missile Avionics laboratory of DRDO responsible for design and delivery of advanced avionics for various defence applications in the country, particularly the Indian missile programmes and projects.
The renowned avionics scientist holds the rare distinction of full academy member diploma of the Academy of Navigation and Motion Control, Russia.
His contributions to defence science and technology have elevated him as fellow and associate fellow of many leading national and international professional bodies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'