Space feels like home now: Sunita Williams
New Delhi: Space almost feels like home, Indian American Sunita Williams, who holds the record of the longest spacewalk by a woman astronaut, said here Monday.
"Space is an amazing place to be in... it feels like home now," Williams, 47, said during an interaction with students at the National Science Centre here.
"I would love to be on the next spacecraft for the next mission to space and give my expertise to the experiments being done," added the astronaut, who holds the world record with 50 hours and 40 minutes for total cumulative spacewalk time by a female astronaut.
She has spent a total of 322 days in space on two missions.
Appealing to students to do something they really enjoy, Williams said: "I never envisioned to be an astronaut and had many failures, but ultimately I reached here... So my advice to students is that they find something they really like to do and should do it well and enjoy."
Sharing her experiences with children from various schools here, she said she would also want to give a chance to the younger generation to take the lead and unravel the mysteries of space.
"Records are made for breaking, so I hope this is also broken," Williams said in response to a question.
She will be in Mumbai April 3-4 before going to Gujarat, her father`s home state.
Williams last visited India in October 2007.
Lauding Indian space agency ISRO, Sunita Williams said it was doing an excellent job and wished that more Indian American women follow her and the late Kalpana Chawla into space.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof