US fisherman catches 800-pound `dinosaur fish` off Miami Beach!
Washington: A Florida fisherman has caught an 800-pound mysterious deep sea fish, which he has dubbed `dinosaur`, off the coast of Miami Beach.
Captain Mark Quartiano told a news website that he has caught one like the sea monster before, but never that size.
Quartiano asserted that the monster, also referred to as "hookskate" or "fingerskate", is a very rare fish and looks like a big gigantic whipping stingray.
The charter boat operator said that the monster measures in at around 14 feet, including the tail, and was caught in waters of about 500 feet deep.
Quartiano added that shortly after tagging the fish, he freed it back into the ocean, as he had no other use for it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre