World`s first electric aircraft E-Fan takes flight
Zee Media Bureau
Wellington: World`s first ever electric aircraft has successfully taken its maiden voyage. This electric aircraft called the `E-Fan` is the latest creation of Toulouse-based Airbus.
The fact that its engines are powered by electricity, provides it a low-noise, eco-friendly profile. This successful voyage carves a new path for the technology`s potential in aircrafts. The cost amounts to 16 dollars per hour to power providing decent height of 220km/h with a cruising speed of 160km/h on its 30kW engines.
The plane can stay in air for around 45-60 minutes if it gets its proper power from 120 250V Li-ion batteries, which are stored in the wings, and backup battery are also provided that lasts around 15 minutes.
Spokesperson at Airbus said that extensive research and stress testing has established that the E-Fan`s battery system provides sufficient safety margins and close supervision of all battery cell parameters are performed during test flights.
In the course of its development, Airbus is also confident that it can not only save on costs, but can actually reduce carbon emissions for all new aircraft by 75 percent.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister