13 insurgents killed in Afghanistan missile attack
Kabul: Thirteen insurgents were killed
today in southern Afghanistan by a missile that international
forces fired from an unmanned aerial vehicle, NATO said.
NATO said coalition troops saw a group of insurgents
near a safe house preparing ammunition as well as insurgent
mortar teams moving equipment in the Naw Zad area of Helmand
province. The international force launched one missile,
killing the 13 militants.
Yesterday, another missile fired from an unmanned
aircraft killed three insurgents farther south in the Nad Ali
district of Helmand, NATO said.
In the south-central part of the country, a member
of the Afghan National Police was killed and two others were
wounded in a suicide attack Monday evening at a police station
in Uruzgan province, police chief Juma Gul Hamit said. The
suicide bomber detonated his cache of explosives near the gate
of the police chief`s office in Dihrawud district.
Hamit said the attacker tried to enter the office
where a meeting was under way. Although wounded by police, the
bomber detonated his explosive vest, killing the one policeman
and injuring the two others who kept him from going inside.
In Paris, meanwhile, the French military said a
French army captain died today of wounds suffered a day before
during an insurgent ambush in the Alasay valley east of Kabul.
Another French soldier was killed instantly in the same
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University