13 insurgents killed in Afghanistan missile attack
Kabul: Thirteen insurgents were killed
today in southern Afghanistan by a missile that international
forces fired from an unmanned aerial vehicle, NATO said.
NATO said coalition troops saw a group of insurgents
near a safe house preparing ammunition as well as insurgent
mortar teams moving equipment in the Naw Zad area of Helmand
province. The international force launched one missile,
killing the 13 militants.
Yesterday, another missile fired from an unmanned
aircraft killed three insurgents farther south in the Nad Ali
district of Helmand, NATO said.
In the south-central part of the country, a member
of the Afghan National Police was killed and two others were
wounded in a suicide attack Monday evening at a police station
in Uruzgan province, police chief Juma Gul Hamit said. The
suicide bomber detonated his cache of explosives near the gate
of the police chief`s office in Dihrawud district.
Hamit said the attacker tried to enter the office
where a meeting was under way. Although wounded by police, the
bomber detonated his explosive vest, killing the one policeman
and injuring the two others who kept him from going inside.
In Paris, meanwhile, the French military said a
French army captain died today of wounds suffered a day before
during an insurgent ambush in the Alasay valley east of Kabul.
Another French soldier was killed instantly in the same
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you