13 militants killed, 8 arrested in Pak`s restive Swat
Islamabad: Thirteen militants were killed
and eight others were arrested during search and clearance
operations by Pakistani security forces in northwestern Swat
valley and other parts of the restive Malakand division, the
military said on Monday.
Security forces killed seven militants during a search
operation near Sar Qala in Swat. A militant headquarters was
also destroyed during the action, the military said in a
Six militants were killed during a search operation at
Derai, also in Swat.
Acting on a tip-off, security forces apprehended three
suspects near Chuprial. Five more suspects were captured by
troops at Fatehpur.
Troops defused an IED while conducting a search near
In Dir district, which is also part of Malakand
division, 20 militants voluntarily surrendered to the security
forces, the military said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Sheena murder case: Indrani, Sanjeev, driver interrogated together
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them