13 militants killed, 8 arrested in Pak`s restive Swat
Islamabad: Thirteen militants were killed
and eight others were arrested during search and clearance
operations by Pakistani security forces in northwestern Swat
valley and other parts of the restive Malakand division, the
military said on Monday.
Security forces killed seven militants during a search
operation near Sar Qala in Swat. A militant headquarters was
also destroyed during the action, the military said in a
Six militants were killed during a search operation at
Derai, also in Swat.
Acting on a tip-off, security forces apprehended three
suspects near Chuprial. Five more suspects were captured by
troops at Fatehpur.
Troops defused an IED while conducting a search near
In Dir district, which is also part of Malakand
division, 20 militants voluntarily surrendered to the security
forces, the military said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill