15 militants, 4 security personnel killed in Pak clash
Peshawar: Fifteen militants and four security personnel were killed during an operation to flush out terrorists from the restive Khyber tribal region of northwest Pakistan, officials said on Saturday.
The clash broke out when the security personnel were conducting an operation in Zao Kharmatang area in Khyber Agency last night.
The security forces engaged in a gunbattle with the terrorists in which 15 militants and four security personnel were killed, officials said.
The operation named Khyber-2 was launched yesterday to clear the area of terrorists and criminal hideouts. Troops have so far cleared Surgarh and Shergarh heights.
Two hideouts of terrorists were also destroyed in the operation.
Several banned organisations, including the Taliban, are active in Khyber Agency and the army recently carried out an operation in the region to flush out militants who had captured strategic heights.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday