2 US troops, 2 Afghan policemen killed in fighting
Kabul: Two American troops were killed Saturday by insurgents in eastern Afghanistan, an area that has seen heavy fighting in recent months, the US military said.
No other information about the deaths was disclosed, pending notification of family members. But a US military official said two US special operations forces were killed by small arms fire in Wardak province, southwest of Kabul.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to disclose information about the deaths. So far this year, 296 international troops, including at least 257 Americans, have been killed in Afghanistan.
In the south, an Afghan policeman was killed and another was wounded when a remote controlled bomb planted on a motorbike was detonated in Sangin district of Helmand province, according to provincial spokesman Ahmad Zarak.
In neighboring Kandahar province, a roadside bomb killed another Afghan policeman in Kandahar city, said provincial spokesman Ahmad Jawed Faisal.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma