2 US troops, 2 Afghan policemen killed in fighting
Kabul: Two American troops were killed Saturday by insurgents in eastern Afghanistan, an area that has seen heavy fighting in recent months, the US military said.
No other information about the deaths was disclosed, pending notification of family members. But a US military official said two US special operations forces were killed by small arms fire in Wardak province, southwest of Kabul.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to disclose information about the deaths. So far this year, 296 international troops, including at least 257 Americans, have been killed in Afghanistan.
In the south, an Afghan policeman was killed and another was wounded when a remote controlled bomb planted on a motorbike was detonated in Sangin district of Helmand province, according to provincial spokesman Ahmad Zarak.
In neighboring Kandahar province, a roadside bomb killed another Afghan policeman in Kandahar city, said provincial spokesman Ahmad Jawed Faisal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Govt exploring ways to bring petro products under GST: Pradhan
- Bajaj V sales cross 1-lakh mark within 4 months of launch
- BJP leader Ram Sevak Nishad killed in accident
- Call drops: Telcos commit Rs 20,000 crore for towers, seek new spectrum
- England vs Pakistan 2nd Test, Day 4 at Old Trafford – As it happened..