24 Taliban militants killed in Pak tribal belt
Peshawar: Pakistani fighter jets bombarded
terrorist positions in the troubled Orakzai tribal region in
northwest Pakistan today, killing at least 24 Taliban
militants, including a key commander, and injuring 34 others.
The jets targeted militant hideouts in Shakar Tangi,
Saifal Dar and Mamozai areas of Orakzai tribal agency during
two air strikes, security sources said.
Taliban commander Taj Gul was among the 24 militants
killed, the sources said. Thirty four militants were also
injured in the attack.
Five militant hideouts were destroyed in the air strikes,
the sources said.
The Pakistani military claims that it has killed over
1,000 militants during air and ground attacks in Orakzai
though the figure cannot be independently verified as
journalists have no access to the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report