24 Taliban militants killed in Pak tribal belt
Peshawar: Pakistani fighter jets bombarded
terrorist positions in the troubled Orakzai tribal region in
northwest Pakistan today, killing at least 24 Taliban
militants, including a key commander, and injuring 34 others.
The jets targeted militant hideouts in Shakar Tangi,
Saifal Dar and Mamozai areas of Orakzai tribal agency during
two air strikes, security sources said.
Taliban commander Taj Gul was among the 24 militants
killed, the sources said. Thirty four militants were also
injured in the attack.
Five militant hideouts were destroyed in the air strikes,
the sources said.
The Pakistani military claims that it has killed over
1,000 militants during air and ground attacks in Orakzai
though the figure cannot be independently verified as
journalists have no access to the region.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma