24 Taliban militants killed in Pak tribal belt
Peshawar: Pakistani fighter jets bombarded
terrorist positions in the troubled Orakzai tribal region in
northwest Pakistan today, killing at least 24 Taliban
militants, including a key commander, and injuring 34 others.
The jets targeted militant hideouts in Shakar Tangi,
Saifal Dar and Mamozai areas of Orakzai tribal agency during
two air strikes, security sources said.
Taliban commander Taj Gul was among the 24 militants
killed, the sources said. Thirty four militants were also
injured in the attack.
Five militant hideouts were destroyed in the air strikes,
the sources said.
The Pakistani military claims that it has killed over
1,000 militants during air and ground attacks in Orakzai
though the figure cannot be independently verified as
journalists have no access to the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists