26/11 attacks: Trial in Pakistan adjourned till July 23
Lahore: A Pakistani anti-terrorism court trying the seven accused in the 2008 Mumbai attacks case adjourned the hearing for the sixth time today till July 23 as the judge was on leave.
The trial of seven Pakistani accused was adjourned by the Anti-Terrorism Court (ATC) in Rawalpindi as Judge Attiquer Rehman was on `summer vacation.`
The judge was also on leave on June 25 hearing as he was not feeling well. The proceedings have often been held up owing to the absence of the prosecution lawyers.
On May 28, June 4, 18 and July 2, the prosecution lawyers had not appeared for the hearings in the ATC primarily because of security concerns.
The prosecution lawyers had drawn the court`s attention to ensure their security in the face of threats they received allegedly from Jamaat-ud-Dawah activists.
Lashkar-e-Taiba operations commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, Abdul Wajid, Mazhar Iqbal, Hamad Amin Sadiq, Shahid Jameel Riaz, Jamil Ahmed and Anjum have been charged with planning, financing and executing the attacks in India`s financial capital that killed 166 people in November 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31