35 Pak Taliban killed in US air strikes in Afghan
Islamabad: At least 35 Pakistani Taliban
fighters have been killed in US air strikes in Afghanistan
after they attacked a convoy of foreign troops, reports from
the Waziristan tribal region of Pakistan said on Tuesday.
The reports said that a group of 100 Pakistani Taliban
militants fired missiles and rockets at a convoy of foreign
forces in Paktiya on Friday.
US ground forces sought air cover and NATO fighter
jets targeted the Pakistani militants, killing 35 of them.
Over a dozen rebels were injured. They were brought to
hospitals in North Waziristan Agency, the reports said.
Those who were killed included militants from
Pakistani Taliban groups led by Hafiz Gul Bahadur and Mullah
Punjabi Taliban militants too were among the dead and
injured, residents of Waziristan said.
The Taliban factions led by Hafiz Gul Bahadur and
Mullah Nazir have struck peace deals with the Pakistan
government but they are accused by the US of sending fighters
across the border into Afghanistan.
US drones routinely target militants of both groups in
Pakistani militants are now trying to transfer the
bodies to Waziristan, sources said.
But local residents said most of those killed were
local tribesmen and people were visiting their relatives to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's Part II
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's Part IV
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's Part III
- Not hosting Modi government event: Amitabh Bachchan
- Mercedes insist all cool after Spanish storm; Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg clear the air
- Foxconn factory goes 'techno'; replaces workers with 60,000 robots!
- BJP comes out in defence of Amitabh's association with second anniversary programme
- Army troops, insurgents exchange gunfire along Manipur-Myanmar border
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results to be declared today on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM