46 Taliban militants killed in Afghanistan
Kabul: Afghan police backed by army and NATO-led forces have killed 46 Taliban militants in operations across the country, the interior ministry said.
The operations took place in Kunduz, Badakhshan, Kandahar, Zabul, Maidan Wardak, Ghazni, Khost and Paktiya provinces, Xinhua cited a ministry statement as saying.
One Taliban man was wounded and 26 were arrested, it said.
However, the statement did not say if there were any casualties among security forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway