7 injured as bus attacked in Nepal
Kathmandu: At least seven people, including two women and a child, were injured on Sunday when suspected cadres of CPN-Maoist hurled two petrol bombs on a moving bus in central Nepal.
The bus, heading for Rautahat from Kathmandu, was attacked with two petrol bombs from the front and rear sides after a group stopped it at Satungal here, police said.
The attackers fled the scene immediately.
Among the injured, a woman and a child are in critical condition, police said.
A truck driver, who was critically injured in a petrol bomb attack by suspected Maoists in southern Nepal on Thursday, died this morning.
The government has decided to provide compensation to the family members of the deceased driver.
Police said the cadres of the CPNM-led 33-party alliance, which is opposing the upcoming Constituent Assembly polls, were behind these criminal activities.
At least 37 people were injured in different parts of the country in the attacks by people trying to foil the November 19 polls.
Some 19 vehicles were attacked with petrol bombs over the past few days. Around 35 people have been taken into custody for their involvement in breaking the law.
The Maoist party had claimed that their poll boycott was peaceful.
Meanwhile, three persons were injured when clashes erupted between the cadres of UCPN-Maoist and CPN-UML in Okhaldhunga district in eastern Nepal today, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video