9 killed in US drone strike in Pakistan
Islamabad: US drones launched fresh
strikes in Pakistan`s lawless tribal belt killing nine
terrorists including foreign militants today, the third such
strike on the Taliban and Al-Qaeda stronghold in 24 hours.
The drone fired two missiles at two vehicles at
Naurak, a village located along the road connecting Miranshah,
the main town in North Waziristan Agency, and Mirali, another
key town in the region.
Witnesses said militants were travelling in the two
vehicles targeted by the drone. Express 24/7 news channel
reported nine persons were killed and four injured in the
attack. There was no official word on the incident.
Pakistani Taliban chief Hakimullah Mehsud`s brother
was among 13 militants killed in two US drone attacks in North
and South Waziristan yesterday. Several Uzbek and Afghan
militants were also killed in the two attacks.
US drones have carried out six drone strikes in North
Waziristan this month, killing around 50 people, local
The drones regularly target militant hideouts in
Pakistan`s tribal belt, which the US considers a safe haven
for Taliban and Al Qaeda militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt