9 killed in US drone strike in Pakistan
Islamabad: US drones launched fresh
strikes in Pakistan`s lawless tribal belt killing nine
terrorists including foreign militants today, the third such
strike on the Taliban and Al-Qaeda stronghold in 24 hours.
The drone fired two missiles at two vehicles at
Naurak, a village located along the road connecting Miranshah,
the main town in North Waziristan Agency, and Mirali, another
key town in the region.
Witnesses said militants were travelling in the two
vehicles targeted by the drone. Express 24/7 news channel
reported nine persons were killed and four injured in the
attack. There was no official word on the incident.
Pakistani Taliban chief Hakimullah Mehsud`s brother
was among 13 militants killed in two US drone attacks in North
and South Waziristan yesterday. Several Uzbek and Afghan
militants were also killed in the two attacks.
US drones have carried out six drone strikes in North
Waziristan this month, killing around 50 people, local
The drones regularly target militant hideouts in
Pakistan`s tribal belt, which the US considers a safe haven
for Taliban and Al Qaeda militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day