‘About 20,000 Pakistanis languishing in foreign country jails’
Karachi: About 20,000 Pakistanis are languishing in jails in foreign countries, Senate Committee for Interior chairman Talha Mahmood has said.
Criticising the government for not being able to bring back people like Dr Aafia Siddiqui, who is currently in US detention on charges of shooting at her American interrogators in Afghanistan in July last year, Mahmood called on the authorities to take immediate action.
Interacting with media persons during a press conference here, Mahmood termed
Siddiqui’s detention as a ‘national issue’.
Mahmood urged all religious and political parties of Pakistan to raise the issue with full force during their national conference to be held today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video