Afghan: 10 guards killed in coalition group attack
Kabul: Ten Afghan guards from a private security company were killed in an attack on a convoy carrying supplies to foreign forces, a local official said on Sunday.
The attack happened on Saturday when the convoy was ambushed by armed insurgents in the restive central province of Ghazni, a spokesman for the provincial governor said.
"Yesterday, a convoy of logistics guarded by the Qudrat private security firm was attacked by armed insurgents in Muqur district leaving 10 guards dead and six wounded," said spokesman Maroof Ayubi.
He added that the private security firm was guarding a coalition logistics convoy travelling from Ghazni to Kandahar and that the attack lasted around an hour from 5:00pm (1330 GMT) Saturday.
The Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack in a statement on its website. Anti-government forces waging a 10-year long insurgency frequently target convoys supplying the foreign and Afghan militaries.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India