Afghan: 10 guards killed in coalition group attack
Kabul: Ten Afghan guards from a private security company were killed in an attack on a convoy carrying supplies to foreign forces, a local official said on Sunday.
The attack happened on Saturday when the convoy was ambushed by armed insurgents in the restive central province of Ghazni, a spokesman for the provincial governor said.
"Yesterday, a convoy of logistics guarded by the Qudrat private security firm was attacked by armed insurgents in Muqur district leaving 10 guards dead and six wounded," said spokesman Maroof Ayubi.
He added that the private security firm was guarding a coalition logistics convoy travelling from Ghazni to Kandahar and that the attack lasted around an hour from 5:00pm (1330 GMT) Saturday.
The Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack in a statement on its website. Anti-government forces waging a 10-year long insurgency frequently target convoys supplying the foreign and Afghan militaries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof