Afghan: 10 guards killed in coalition group attack
Kabul: Ten Afghan guards from a private security company were killed in an attack on a convoy carrying supplies to foreign forces, a local official said on Sunday.
The attack happened on Saturday when the convoy was ambushed by armed insurgents in the restive central province of Ghazni, a spokesman for the provincial governor said.
"Yesterday, a convoy of logistics guarded by the Qudrat private security firm was attacked by armed insurgents in Muqur district leaving 10 guards dead and six wounded," said spokesman Maroof Ayubi.
He added that the private security firm was guarding a coalition logistics convoy travelling from Ghazni to Kandahar and that the attack lasted around an hour from 5:00pm (1330 GMT) Saturday.
The Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack in a statement on its website. Anti-government forces waging a 10-year long insurgency frequently target convoys supplying the foreign and Afghan militaries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur