Afghan: 10 guards killed in coalition group attack
Kabul: Ten Afghan guards from a private security company were killed in an attack on a convoy carrying supplies to foreign forces, a local official said on Sunday.
The attack happened on Saturday when the convoy was ambushed by armed insurgents in the restive central province of Ghazni, a spokesman for the provincial governor said.
"Yesterday, a convoy of logistics guarded by the Qudrat private security firm was attacked by armed insurgents in Muqur district leaving 10 guards dead and six wounded," said spokesman Maroof Ayubi.
He added that the private security firm was guarding a coalition logistics convoy travelling from Ghazni to Kandahar and that the attack lasted around an hour from 5:00pm (1330 GMT) Saturday.
The Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack in a statement on its website. Anti-government forces waging a 10-year long insurgency frequently target convoys supplying the foreign and Afghan militaries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP