Afghan lawmaker survives attack on her convoy
Kabul: A member of the Afghan Parliament says she escaped injury when her convoy was attacked by Taliban insurgents in eastern Afghanistan.
Fauzia Khofi, who represents the far northern province of Badakhshan, says insurgents fired on her seven-vehicle convoy early Saturday as it was travelling from Nangarhar province to Kabul.
She says insurgents used AK-47s, heavy machine guns and rocket-propelled grenades to attack the convoy, which kept moving.
The lawmaker had requested extra protection for her trip from the Interior Ministry, and five police vehicles joined two of her vehicles. She says a policeman suffered a leg injury and another was slightly wounded in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL