Afghan leader alleges US, Taliban are colluding
Kabul: Afghan President Hamid Karzai is accusing the Taliban and the US of working in concert to convince Afghans that violence will worsen if foreign troops leave.
Karzai says two deadly suicide bombings yesterday show the insurgent group is conducting attacks "at the service of America" to help show that international forces will still be needed to keep the peace after their current combat mission ends in 2014.
Karzai, who spoke today during a nationally televised speech about the state of Afghan women, is currently negotiating a pact with the US for the long-term presence of American forces.
There was no immediate response from the US-led military coalition.
It is unclear what prompted Karzai`s remarks, but the Afghan president has previously made inflammatory comments as an apparent negotiating tactic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!