Afghan leader alleges US, Taliban are colluding
Kabul: Afghan President Hamid Karzai is accusing the Taliban and the US of working in concert to convince Afghans that violence will worsen if foreign troops leave.
Karzai says two deadly suicide bombings yesterday show the insurgent group is conducting attacks "at the service of America" to help show that international forces will still be needed to keep the peace after their current combat mission ends in 2014.
Karzai, who spoke today during a nationally televised speech about the state of Afghan women, is currently negotiating a pact with the US for the long-term presence of American forces.
There was no immediate response from the US-led military coalition.
It is unclear what prompted Karzai`s remarks, but the Afghan president has previously made inflammatory comments as an apparent negotiating tactic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’