Afghan man, three kids die in bombing
Kabul: A man and three of his children were killed on Tuesday in a huge blast when their vehicle ran over a roadside bomb in Afghanistan`s western province of Farah, an official said.
The bombing took place just a day after a family of seven, including four women and two children, were killed in similar incident in eastern Laghman province.
On Tuesday, "the bombing happened in Lash Wa Juwayn district at around 7 am while the family was travelling in a car from district center to a nearby village", provincial spokesman Abdul Rahman Zhwandy told Xinhua.
The man`s wife was seriously injured in the massive explosion.
The locals shifted the injured and the dead to a district hospital, said Zhwandy who blamed Taliban for placing the Improvised Explosive Device (IED) in the area.
The Taliban-led insurgency has been rampant since the militant group launched an annual rebel offensive late April against Afghan government forces and NATO-led troops stationed in the country.
Taliban use IEDs to launch roadside bomb attacks on security forces but the lethal weapon also inflicts casualties on civilians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday