Afghan man, three kids die in bombing
Kabul: A man and three of his children were killed on Tuesday in a huge blast when their vehicle ran over a roadside bomb in Afghanistan`s western province of Farah, an official said.
The bombing took place just a day after a family of seven, including four women and two children, were killed in similar incident in eastern Laghman province.
On Tuesday, "the bombing happened in Lash Wa Juwayn district at around 7 am while the family was travelling in a car from district center to a nearby village", provincial spokesman Abdul Rahman Zhwandy told Xinhua.
The man`s wife was seriously injured in the massive explosion.
The locals shifted the injured and the dead to a district hospital, said Zhwandy who blamed Taliban for placing the Improvised Explosive Device (IED) in the area.
The Taliban-led insurgency has been rampant since the militant group launched an annual rebel offensive late April against Afghan government forces and NATO-led troops stationed in the country.
Taliban use IEDs to launch roadside bomb attacks on security forces but the lethal weapon also inflicts casualties on civilians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!