Afghan Opposition accuses govt over poll results
Kabul: Afghanistan`s main opposition leader Abdullah Abdullah Friday accused the government of using the country`s justice system to manipulate the results of September`s parliamentary election.
The attorney general has opened a criminal probe into the results, arresting nine people and summoning election officials to answer accusations of fraud in a poll believed to
have weakened the support base of President Hamid Karzai.
"The government wanted to nullify the election and since that failed it`s using the attorney general`s office to pressure the election commissions," former foreign minister
"It`s another effort by them to have everything the way they want it... it`s basically a propaganda war by the government against the election," he said, branding the top
prosecutor`s office neither independent nor trustworthy.
Abdullah was the chief rival to Karzai in last year`s presidential election that was marred with massive fraud.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015