Afghan Opposition accuses govt over poll results
Kabul: Afghanistan`s main opposition leader Abdullah Abdullah Friday accused the government of using the country`s justice system to manipulate the results of September`s parliamentary election.
The attorney general has opened a criminal probe into the results, arresting nine people and summoning election officials to answer accusations of fraud in a poll believed to
have weakened the support base of President Hamid Karzai.
"The government wanted to nullify the election and since that failed it`s using the attorney general`s office to pressure the election commissions," former foreign minister
"It`s another effort by them to have everything the way they want it... it`s basically a propaganda war by the government against the election," he said, branding the top
prosecutor`s office neither independent nor trustworthy.
Abdullah was the chief rival to Karzai in last year`s presidential election that was marred with massive fraud.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video