Afghan president Hamid Karzai lashes out at Pakistan
Kabul: Afghan President Hamid Karzai has lashed out once again at his supposed ally, Pakistan, saying that a statement by a Pakistani cleric endorsing suicide bombings in Afghanistan shows the neighbouring country is not sincere in efforts to fight terrorism.
Karzai spoke to reporters today with visiting NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen. He said recent attacks in Pakistan show that the situation in that country is now tumbling out of control and that both nations "are burning in the same fire."
The head of the Pakistani clerics` council said last week that suicide attacks in Afghanistan are lawful because NATO troops are invaders that have occupied the country.
The Afghan government previously condemned the cleric`s statement but Karzai now appears to be saying that it represents the Pakistani government position.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents