Afghanistan avalanches toll rises to 70
Kabul: The toll in avalanches in northern Afghanistan has risen to 70, Xinhua reported Wednesday.
"The bodies of 70 people, including women and children, have been retrieved so far, but our assessment shows some 30 more bodies are still under the snow," Parwan province governor Mohammad Basir Salangi said.
The avalanches occurred Monday in the province`s Salang Pass that connects the Afghan capital with the northern areas.
Media reports said earlier 28 people were killed in the avalanches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing