Afghanistan avalanches toll rises to 70
Kabul: The toll in avalanches in northern Afghanistan has risen to 70, Xinhua reported Wednesday.
"The bodies of 70 people, including women and children, have been retrieved so far, but our assessment shows some 30 more bodies are still under the snow," Parwan province governor Mohammad Basir Salangi said.
The avalanches occurred Monday in the province`s Salang Pass that connects the Afghan capital with the northern areas.
Media reports said earlier 28 people were killed in the avalanches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security