Afghanistan avalanches toll rises to 70
Kabul: The toll in avalanches in northern Afghanistan has risen to 70, Xinhua reported Wednesday.
"The bodies of 70 people, including women and children, have been retrieved so far, but our assessment shows some 30 more bodies are still under the snow," Parwan province governor Mohammad Basir Salangi said.
The avalanches occurred Monday in the province`s Salang Pass that connects the Afghan capital with the northern areas.
Media reports said earlier 28 people were killed in the avalanches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi