Afghanistan bans Pakistani newspapers
Kabul: Afghanistan is banning all Pakistani newspapers from entering the country in an attempt to block the Taliban from influencing public opinion via the press.
Friday’s order by the Ministry of Interior adds to the mounting tension between the neighbouring countries.
The order specifically focuses on blocking entry of the papers at Torkham, a busy border crossing.
It also directed border police to gather up Pakistani newspapers in the three eastern provinces of Nangarhar, Kunar and Nuristan.
In a statement, the ministry called the content of the newspapers Taliban propaganda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intermediate Examination (Arts) Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 2:00 pm
- Class 10th (Matric) Exam Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 12: 00 pm
- Putin vows Russian retaliation over US missile shield in Europe
- More than 2,000 boat migrants rescued off Italy, 45 dead
- Trump rules out US presidential debate with Sanders