Afghanistan bans Pakistani newspapers
Kabul: Afghanistan is banning all Pakistani newspapers from entering the country in an attempt to block the Taliban from influencing public opinion via the press.
Friday’s order by the Ministry of Interior adds to the mounting tension between the neighbouring countries.
The order specifically focuses on blocking entry of the papers at Torkham, a busy border crossing.
It also directed border police to gather up Pakistani newspapers in the three eastern provinces of Nangarhar, Kunar and Nuristan.
In a statement, the ministry called the content of the newspapers Taliban propaganda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years