Afghanistan`s `biggest-ever` truck bomb defused in Kabul
Kabul: Security forces in Kabul on Friday defused a truck bomb packed with nearly eight tonnes of explosives, the biggest of its kind discovered in the country.
In an operation in eastern Kabul on Wednesday, intelligence forces discovered the explosives wired and ready for detonation.
According to intelligence spokesman Shafiqullha Tahiri, intelligence agents also killed five suspected suicide bombers and arrested two others during the raid.
He said all were suspected members of the militant Haqqani network, which is closely allied with the Taliban.
Tahiri said the explosive material was disguised as bags of cement, a trademark method of the Haqqanis, who are known for conducting spectacular attacks.
He said agents also seized several suicide bomb vests, rocket-propelled grenade launchers and hand grenades.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore