Afghanistan`s `biggest-ever` truck bomb defused in Kabul
Kabul: Security forces in Kabul on Friday defused a truck bomb packed with nearly eight tonnes of explosives, the biggest of its kind discovered in the country.
In an operation in eastern Kabul on Wednesday, intelligence forces discovered the explosives wired and ready for detonation.
According to intelligence spokesman Shafiqullha Tahiri, intelligence agents also killed five suspected suicide bombers and arrested two others during the raid.
He said all were suspected members of the militant Haqqani network, which is closely allied with the Taliban.
Tahiri said the explosive material was disguised as bags of cement, a trademark method of the Haqqanis, who are known for conducting spectacular attacks.
He said agents also seized several suicide bomb vests, rocket-propelled grenade launchers and hand grenades.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations