Afghanistan`s `biggest-ever` truck bomb defused in Kabul
Kabul: Security forces in Kabul on Friday defused a truck bomb packed with nearly eight tonnes of explosives, the biggest of its kind discovered in the country.
In an operation in eastern Kabul on Wednesday, intelligence forces discovered the explosives wired and ready for detonation.
According to intelligence spokesman Shafiqullha Tahiri, intelligence agents also killed five suspected suicide bombers and arrested two others during the raid.
He said all were suspected members of the militant Haqqani network, which is closely allied with the Taliban.
Tahiri said the explosive material was disguised as bags of cement, a trademark method of the Haqqanis, who are known for conducting spectacular attacks.
He said agents also seized several suicide bomb vests, rocket-propelled grenade launchers and hand grenades.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation