Afghanistan`s `biggest-ever` truck bomb defused in Kabul
Kabul: Security forces in Kabul on Friday defused a truck bomb packed with nearly eight tonnes of explosives, the biggest of its kind discovered in the country.
In an operation in eastern Kabul on Wednesday, intelligence forces discovered the explosives wired and ready for detonation.
According to intelligence spokesman Shafiqullha Tahiri, intelligence agents also killed five suspected suicide bombers and arrested two others during the raid.
He said all were suspected members of the militant Haqqani network, which is closely allied with the Taliban.
Tahiri said the explosive material was disguised as bags of cement, a trademark method of the Haqqanis, who are known for conducting spectacular attacks.
He said agents also seized several suicide bomb vests, rocket-propelled grenade launchers and hand grenades.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan