Afghans stage anti-Pakistan protest
Kandahar: Hundreds of Afghans have held a rally to protest the latest incidents along their country`s border with Pakistan, blaming the neighbouring nation for the spate of shootouts near the boundary.
At a demonstration in southern Kandahar city today, hundreds of men chanted slogans against the Pakistani government and its intelligence services.
The demonstrators were protesting two shooting incidents, one yesterday and one last week that resulted in the death of an Afghan border policeman and the wounding of two Pakistan troops.
Relations between the two neighbours have been severely strained in recent months, and the mountainous region in eastern Afghanistan where the shootings occurred has seen acrimonious exchanges between the two sides over the demarcation of their border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed