Aircraft crashes at base in Afghanistan
Kabul: A civilian cargo aircraft crashed at Bagram Air Field, north of the Afghan capital, soon after takeoff on Monday, the US-led military coalition said.
It is not immediately known if there were casualties. Taliban quickly claimed responsibility for the crash, but the coalition denied that, said in a statement, "Taliban`s claims are false. There was no enemy activity or involvement during this incident."
The coalition said emergency crews rushed to the scene and were assessing the situation. Capt Luca Carniel, a coalition spokesman, said the aircraft crashed from a low altitude right after takeoff. He had no information about how many people were on board or the name of the company operating the aircraft.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress plans nationwide media blitz against 2 years of NDA's 'misrule'; to release film, booklet
- PHOTO: After KKR's loss vs SRH, Shah Rukh Khan Tweets heart-wrenching image of cheerleaders crying
- Kardashians offered USD 100 million movie deal?
- Supreme Court to hear Italian government's plea on marine today
- Aww! Nargis Fakhri is missing THESE guys and gals